You are going to love these tacos. The salsa is creamy, tangy and crunchy without any tomatoes in sight. The lime juice and olive oil make for an amazing dressing that does not overpower the deliciousness of the shrimp.
Oh and did I mention that these are super healthy? They have all the good fats your skin needs for that plump fullness and enough vitamin C to protect your cells from too much sun.
1 large ripe avocado
3/4 cup chopped arugula
1/4 cup chopped parsley
¼ cup lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1 lemon, sliced thinly
1 tbsp olive oil
12 large peeled and deveined shrimp, uncooked
Large leaves of lettuce such as romaine for the boats
1. For the avocado mixture: combine all ingredients in a small bowl
2. To make the seasoned shrimp: whisk together onion, garlic, sea salt, and lemon slices in a small bowl.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir shrimp spice mixture into the oil and let cook for 10 seconds. The mixture will froth and bubble slightly.
4. Toss shrimp with the spice and oil mixture until well coated in the skillet.
5. Cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until cooked all the way through.
6. Assemble lettuce boats by placing the avocado mixture, and seasoned shrimp on top of the lettuce and serve