I love latin inspired foods...give me all the tacos and enchiladas every night of the week. These are vegetable enchiladas that can be ready in under 30 minutes with all the flavor and texture that you don't even need the meat. I use store bought enchilada sauce and really like the organic lapreferida green enchilada sauce that comes in a box but there are so many good ones to choose from.
Use any vegetables that are leftover in your refrigerator. These are ones that I typically have but you can use zucchini, onion, carrots, potatoes, spinach...the options are endless. Serve them with some rice or not...these are great all on their own!
2 large beets, sliced
12 baby belle mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 fennel bulb, sliced
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 tbsp cumin
1 can artichoke hearts in water, rinsed and drained
1 can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp aoli (like Follow Your Heart brand)
4 oz fresh goat cheese or shredded cheese
2 cans/boxes green or red enchilada sauce
6-8 tortillas (Gluten Free Mission are amazing!)
Fresh spring greens or arugula
Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place vegetables on baking tray and coat with 2 tbsp olive oil, cumin and salt.
2. Bake veggies 20-25 minutes, until browned.
3. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add remaining oil. Add artichoke hearts and black beans to pan to heat. When vegetables are done cooking add them in to the bean mixture.
4. Add aoil and cheese to vegetables and mix well. Put about 1/2 cup in each tortilla and roll. Add to baking dish. Cover with enchilada sauce and bake for 20 minutes, until sauce is bubbly.
5. Plate and top with greens to serve.