This recipe is so easy to make. It comes together in just a few minutes and is fresh, creamy and delicious. It is perfect for when spring starts to show its beautiful flowers then the rains and cold comes back.
The broccoli and arugula both provide antioxidants that protect the skin from UV rays and feed the cells that create collagen for strength and elasticity.
Be sure to blend well for the most creaminess.
Broccoli Arugula Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1‐2 cloves of garlic, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
2 small Yukon gold pototoes
2‐3 cups vegetable broth (sugar-free)
salt and black pepper to taste
1 cup arugula
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until soft & fragrant.
3. Add the broccoli and cook for four minutes or until bright green.
4. Add the water, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Cook until the broccoli is just tender.
5. Pour the soup into a blender and puree with the arugula until quite smooth. Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil.