Lovely lippy (lip balm)
Over 25 years ago I started my foray into the world of using herbal medicine. One of the easiest ways I saw to step into this vast learning process was to use the herbs topically so that I could start learning all of their benefits without much risk of harm. My very first recipe that I made was for a healing salve (I talk all about THAT story on the blog here) that summoned many of the plant friends I still use today. My second experiment to try was a simple lip balm using carrier oils with macerated herbs. This original recipe has evolved into the luxurious DHB lip balm that we sell today but it was wonderful in its simplicity as well.
The oils we use in the DHB products have been sourced for the highest quality and are all organic. I have restructured the formula in many ways but this final product has, I believe, the smoothest, longest-lasting gorgeous effect on lips with the ability to heal the most cracked and dried skin. Take a look below at the ingredients we use to formulate this lovely balm:
- Jojoba oil: Is anti-inflammatory and has been proven to be effective in aging skin, wounds and skin infections
- Camellia oil: Helps to build type 1 collagen to reduce wrinkles has anti-inflammatory properties. It absorbs into the skin easily to sink deep into the dermis.
- Baobab oil: Traditional uses in Africa for skin elasticity and moisture retention. Recent research studies show high fatty acid concentrations and effective hydrating and moisturizing effects.
- Avocado oil: Has profound wound healing effects and has a slower absorption rate for a longer lasting effect.
- Tucuma butter: Although recent research is scarce, the traditional uses of Tucuma butter are used for intense hydration of the skin and hair
- Mango butter: Has the ability to protect and repair skin. It is a soft butter that gives the balm the supple effect
- Cupuacu butter: Is known as a “super moisturizer” because it can absorb over 400% of its weight in water, making it excellent for keeping the skin soft and moist
So go ahead and grab some Lovely lip balm today…your lips will thank you!