There is a lot of confusion about how much CBD one should take to receive the greatest benefit. There is no easy answer, so please use my notes below as a guide to get started.
Before we begin, please remember that each person can have a different reaction to CBD, just as they would with any herb or medicine. It’s important to customize the dosage to your body.
Whatever dose you choose, remember to start low and go slow so that you find the minimum-effect dose for your body.
- To start, remember that the amount of CBD on the front of the bottle is typically the total amount in the bottle. So, if the bottle has 1500 mg of CBD and is 1 ounce (30ml) per bottle and the dose is 1 ml, then one dose is equal to 50 mg of CBD. (Divide the total amount of CBD milligrams by the amount of the dose for the milligrams per dose).
- A small dose of CBD would be 2 mg and a large amount would be 100 mg+ but again, this depends on the person using the medicine.
- If you are looking for a profound effect that will last throughout the day, you will usually take two to three doses spaced every 4-5 hours.
- A starting dose should be lower than you think. Usually the starting dose is about 5 mg taken 2-3 times per day (so 10-15 mg per day).
- Using a gradual step-up process, you can find the dose that benefits you the most. Start with 5 mg 3 times per day for one week. If that dose provides a good therapeutic effect, then try backing down by 1 mg to see if that dose works well. If you don’t have the expected benefit after a week, then add in 5 mg every 3 days until you reach the dosage that works best for you.
- If you are using a liquid, every 1 ml will have 20 drops, so you can divide the dose into drops to get an accurate amount of how much CBD you are getting.
In our CBD products, we use 2 ounce bottles or 60 ml. They contain 1500 mg of CBD per bottle and a dose is 1 ml. So, each DROP contains 1.25 mg of CBD. As such, a starting dose could be 4 DROPS to get 5 mg of CBD.
Remember that there are no proven dosages and the amounts vary for each person. Find the dose that works for you and enjoy!